Saturday, December 24, 2011

First Run

Xmas Eve brings the first night of Skiing. I have been trying to get the kids out all week but they all backed out , tonight was no exception. Ryan was tired , Robin was worried about the conditions and Noah wanted to watch a movie....go figure! Went on my own arriving at Blue at 4pm and drove to the Blue mountain Inn to pick up my pass. It only took a few minutes so I decided to drive back up the the Mountain to the parking lot at the top of the Silver Bullet Lift. Wanted to try out Robins new Skis but the bindings were not adjusted to my boot...plan B my old Silver Nordic 160s ...more equipment troubles. The old Solomon 667 bindings had the tab broke off that allows the hell to snap the bindings into place. Figured out a way t0 close the heel and I was off.

First run was on Tranquility was OK, burning legs fighting some so - so conditions and allot of traffic. 2nd run, near perfect , no burning legs , not problems with traffic and I found a great line. 3rd run was down Smart Alec on a dam near perfect corduroy trail ... yup freshly groomed and I was in the grove. After repeated runs on Smart Alec it was back to Tranquility ....freshly groomed! After a couple of hours of Up/Down and no waits for the lift I decided to call it a day and head home for Xmas Eve!

No comments:

Post a Comment