Monday, January 9, 2012

Sunday Jan 8 2012

After doing a 55+K 6 hour Run on Saturday I went Skiing with Robin and Landon on Sunday Eve. I must admit that I always feel a bit giddy when it comes to the run/ski combo ... like how cool is it that I ran for 6 hours yesterday and then went Skiing the next day!!!!!

Let the kids come to me this time! Left home at 3:15 and cover the 60K to the parking lit at the top of Blue arriving before 4pm. We finished our first run at 4:15 ending up at the Southern Comfort Chair. With 15 min remaining before Eve Skiing started we went in and had dinner. I had the most excellent Vegetable Pene and a small bottle of Red Wine... my Blue Mountain fav! We made our first chair up at 4:40pm . For the first hour we stuck to Water Fall ... no crowds at all .. up/down. By 5:40 we headed over to the Silver Bullet ... big crowds , 10min + to get up the hill. We the headed to Happy Valley and the Century Express , not as busy but Happy Valley was packed. We made are way back to Water Fall and made our last chair up the Silver Bullet just before 8pm....

Another great night at Blue.

I am working mid this week so I doubt I will make it out but I am quite looking forward to being off next week through the day...bring on the snow!

No comments:

Post a Comment